You and we will complete the form in a phone call with the assistance of someone whom you know, acting as your employer’s representative. The person who will help us can be a friend, neighbor, or even a spouse or family member. They must be 17 years of age or older. To ensure a quick and successful call, please follow these instructions:
What To Do
1. Download and print the form here: https://verifyi9remote.com/formi9.pdf .
2. Complete Section 1 of the form (black ink preferred; no pencil). Enter your name, address, date of birth and Social Security number. The other fields (email address, phone number, other last names used, etc.) are optional but if you do not write data in them, write “N/A” (all boxes must have something in them).
3. Check one of the four boxes to indicate your citizenship status. If you check #3 or #4, you must enter additional information.
4. Sign your name in the “Signature of Employee” field.
5. Enter the date that you complete Section 1 in the “Today’s Date” field.
6. Check one of the boxes in the “Preparer and/or Translator Certification” shaded area.
- If you completed Section 1 on your own, check the first box;
- If you required assistance to complete Section 1, check the second box. The person who helped you must complete the “Preparer and/or Translator Certification” at the bottom of page 1.
Do not write anything on page 2.
7. Find the friend, neighbor or family member to act as your employer’s “Authorized Representative” to complete page 2.
8. Click “Schedule Your Call” to select a date and time that you and the friend, neighbor or family member can both be present during a call to our Form Specialist.
At Your Call Time…
Call us at 888-933-8374 at your appointment time. The person who will assist MUST be present when you call.
We will check page 1 with you, then guide your friend, neighbor or family member in the completion of page 2. You must have in hand EITHER:
- one (1) original, unexpired identification document from List A of the “Lists of Acceptable Documents” found in the Form I-9 instructions; OR
- a combination of one (1) original, unexpired document from List B AND one (1) original, unexpired document from List C.
Commonly-used documents are:
- a US Passport, Permanent Resident Card or Employment Authorization Document;
- a driver’s license and Social Security card;
- a driver’s license and birth certificate issued in the U.S.
Which identification documents to present is your choice. Read the document descriptions in the “lists of acceptable documents” found in the form instructions carefully!
We look forward to talking with you!
(If you want to know more about what we’re doing, this fact sheet will help: Employee Information Sheet )